The LeagueApps platform may be made available to users by third parties. For example, sports organizers may use the LeagueApps site and Services to interact with sports registrants. (Sports registrants refer to member account holders who are either (a) a sports participant over the age of 13 or (b) the parent or legal guardian of a youth sports participant under the age of 13.) This Policy describes how LeagueApps collects, manages, and uses information collected through the platform but your use of and access to the platform may also be governed by additional policies or agreements made directly between sports registrants and organizers. LeagueApps is not responsible for the practices of companies that LeagueApps does not own or control or individuals that LeagueApps does not employ or manage. However, sports organizers agree to provide users with at least to same level protection as that provided by LeagueApps though this Policy. If you have any questions about whether any third party sports organizer policies or agreements apply to your use of the Site and/or Services, please contact your sports organizer. What Information We Collect
What Information We Collect
In connection with certain aspects of the Services, we may request, collect and/or display some the following types of information from our registered users:
- Member Account Information: when you created a Member Account you may be asked to provide the following information: name, email address, phone number, organization name, role in organization, number of players, organization website and zip code. If you subscribe to paid features or functions of the Services, we may also collect billing information from you. Sports Organization Information: through your use of our Site or Services, we may also ask you to provide statistics, demographic information, and/or other information relating to your sports organization or your organization’s registrants. We collect this information to allow you to use all the features and functions related to our Services, including scheduling and sports management and tracking tools. Please do not submit any information regarding your organization or its participants that you are not authorized to submit.
We may also collect the following information from any visitor to our site, including, but not limited to registered users:
- IP Address Information and Other Information Collected Automatically: LeagueApps automatically receives and records information from your web browser when you interact with the Services or the Site, including your IP address and cookie information. This information may be used for service functionality, to help us understand how users access a website, to fight spam/malware, to facilitate collection of data concerning your interaction with the Services or the Site and for other similar purposes.
- Metrics and Performance Statistics: LeagueApps may collect and track metrics and performance statistics relating to use of the Services and the Site, and LeagueApps may use these metrics and statistics to generate analytics. This information may include, but is not limited to: (i) the IP address and physical location of the devices accessing the URLs provided through the Services; (ii) the referring websites or services; (iii) the time and date of each access and the amount of time spent on certain sections of the Site. These metrics and analytics may be used by LeagueApps and its partners to improve their websites and services and to conduct market research.
How We Protect Your InformationWe use reasonable technological and physical safeguards to protect personally identifiable information you provide to us from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
We urge you to keep any password for use of the Services and/or Site in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also remember to sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to the Site or your use of the Services.
Disclosures to Third Parties
We may share your information with third parties as follows:
- With Service Providers: We may use other companies to perform services including, without limitation, facilitating some aspects of our Site or Services such as sending emails, processing payments, and fulfilling customer service requests. These other companies may be supplied with or have access to your information solely for the purpose of providing these services to you on our behalf.
- With Business Partners/Affiliates/Sponsors: We may share your information with the businesses with which we partner and/or affiliates or sponsors for the sports programs or platforms that you participate in. The information we share, and how it is used by our partners, may vary depending on whether you are a sports organizer or a sports registrant and whether you use a platform that is offered through a sponsored or affiliate program. For sports organizers and for sports registrants of sponsored or affiliated programs, our partners may contact you regarding events, opportunities or promotions that may be of interest to you or your sports organization. For sports registrants, our partners will only contact you with the approval of your sports organizer or if you otherwise opt in or consent to be contacted. You may also be given the opportunity to opt-in to receive additional communications from third parties relating to information, events or promotions that may be of interest to you or your sports organization.
- Special Circumstances: We also may disclose your information, including Personally Identifiable Information, in the following circumstances:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or other request from a law enforcement or government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law;
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our Site’ terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as the sale of all or a portion of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the event of bankruptcy. We will endeavor to contact you in the event of any of these transactions, but we do not promise to do so.
Except as otherwise disclosed in this Policy, we do not share your personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes without first obtaining your explicit consent to do so.
How to Correct or Remove Personal Information
If you do not want your personally identifiable information collected or stored, please do not submit it to us. If you have already submitted personal information and would like us to correct or remove your information from our records, please contact us at email@example.com.
Special Notification for California Residents
If you reside in California and you have provided us with personal information, you may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of your personal information (if any) to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Within thirty days of receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties (if any) for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the email address specified in this paragraph.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
The Site is not directed at and should not be used by children under the age of 13. We support and comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Only parents or legal guardians may create an account for youth leagues and/or submit information about youth sports participants. LeagueApps does not solicit or collect personal information from children under the age of 13. By registering for the Site and/or Services, users represent and warrant that they are over 13 years of age.
Links to Third Party Sites and/or Integration with Third Party Platforms
Our Site and Service may interface with third party sites and services, (for example, social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or other third party applications, sites or services). Our Site may also contain links to websites operated and maintained by third parties, over which we have no control.
To improve the services and opportunities it can offer you, LeagueApps may opt to expand its capabilities for obtaining information about users in the future. LeagueApps will update this privacy statement continually to ensure that you are aware of developments in this area. We will post those changes here so that you will always know what information we collect online on through ours Site and Services, how we use it, and what choices you have. Please be sure to check this page before proceeding to use our Site or using the Services.
Questions or Feedback
Terms of Service
Welcome to LeagueApps, a digital platform to manage and organize participatory sports. The LeagueApps platform may be used and accessed by sports organizers who use the LeagueApps sports management software to interact with and/or by sports registrants themselves. (Sports registrants refer to member account holders who are either (a) a sports participant over the age of 13 or (b) the parent or legal guardian of a youth sports participant under the age of 13.) As such, the Service may be offered to users by LeagueApps, itself, or by one or more third party league organizers who offer a white label or private-label version of our platform to their sports registrants. By using the LeagueApps’s website and/or the services offered by LeagueApps (“the Service”), either as a sports organizer or a sports registrant, you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”).
In addition to these Terms of Service, in some cases, your use of the Service may be subject to additional terms and privacy policies. Specifically:
- sports organizers’ use of the Service may be subject to amended or supplemental terms agreed to directly with with LeagueApps that alter or modify these Terms;
- sports registrants’ use of the Service may be subject to the terms and/or policies of the third party league organizer through whom the LeagueApps platform is made available. If sports registrants have any questions regarding whether any additional policies or agreements apply to their use of the Service, please contact your league organizer.
Address and Contact Information
LeagueApps 215 Park Avenue South – Fl. 4 New York, NY 10016
Description of Service
LeagueApps is a service from LeagueApps, Inc (the “LeagueApps”) that enables participatory sports organizations to use digital sports management functionality and communicate with their members and other interested parties. We may also partner with third party sports leagues, organizations, or businesses to offer users and league organizers unique events, opportunities, products or services. To take full advantage of all the functions and features of the Service, you must create a Member Account and Member Web Site for your organization. To create a Member Account we may ask you to provide the following information: name, email address, phone number, organization name, role in organization, number of players, organization website and zip code.
The Company disclaims all responsibility and liability for the availability, timeliness, security or reliability of the Service. The Company also reserves the right to modify, suspend or discontinue the Service with or without notice at any time and without any liability to you.
Conditions of Use
Your use of the Service and any of its functions or features is subject at all time to these Terms of Service and any other applicable third party terms. You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws). You must access the Service using applications provided by LeagueApps or using a standard web browser. Using automated tools to access, upload or download content is not permitted. You must be 18 years of age or older to create an account or web site on LeagueApps. Fraudulent accounts will be terminated. Only parents or legal guardians may create an account for youth leagues and/or submit information about youth league participants.
You acknowledge that LeagueApps reserves the right to charge for the Service and/or specific functions or features of the Service and to change its fees from time to time in its discretion. If LeagueApps terminates your membership because you have breached the Agreement, you shall not be entitled to the refund of any unused portion of subscription fees.
You are legally responsible for all information ("Member Content") uploaded, posted or stored through your Member Account or on your Member Web SIte. You grant LeagueApps a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to host and use the Content in order to provide you with the Service. You agree not to use the Service for any illegal purpose or in violation of any applicable local, state, federal or international law.. You are responsible for any Content that may be lost or unrecoverable through your use of the Services. You must provide all required and appropriate warnings, information and disclosure. LeagueApps does not control the Member Content posted via the Service and as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such content. LeagueApps reserves the right, but is not obligated to review the Member Content posted via the Service and to refuse or remove any such materials in its sole discretion, without notice at any time. LeagueApps also reserves the right to disclose any information or materials as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, from the Member Content in LeagueApps's sole discretion. You agree not to use the Services to upload, post, distribute, link to, publish, reproduce, engage in or transmit any of the following, including but not limited to:
- Illegal, fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane, threatening, abusive, hateful, harassing , offensive, inappropriate or objectionable information or communications of any kind, including without limitation conduct that would encourage or constitute an attack or "flaming" others, or criminal or civil liability under any local, state, federal or foreign law;
- Content or data that would impersonate someone else or falsely represent your identity or qualifications, or that constitutes a breach of any individual’s privacy, including posting images about children or any third party without their consent (or a parent's consent in the case of a minor);
- Except as otherwise permitted by LeagueApps in writing, advertisements, solicitations, investment opportunities, chain letters, pyramid schemes, other unsolicited commercial communication or engage in spamming or flooding;
- Virus, trojan horse, worm or other disruptive or harmful software or data; and
- Any information, software or Content which is not legally yours and may be protected by copyright or other proprietary right, or derivative works, without permission from the copyright owner or intellectual property rights owner.
LeagueApps claims no intellectual property rights over the material (“Content”) you provide to the Service. Your Account and materials uploaded remain yours. However, you grant to LeagueApps and its related companies, affiliates and partners an irrevocable, royalty-free license to use your Content in connection with the Service and consistent with these Terms of Service.
LeagueApps reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to, at any time, determine the rightful owner of Member Web Sites. In most cases, ownership will revert to the organization for which the Member Web Site was created regardless of the individual responsible for creating, maintaining or purchasing the upgrades or related services.
Termination/Cancellation of Member Account or Web Site
Either LeagueApps or the Member may terminate or cancel the Member's Account or Web Site at any time without notice. You understand and agree that the cancellation of Member's account is Member's sole right and remedy with respect to any dispute with LeagueApps.
LeagueApps is neither responsible nor liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive or other damages arising out of or relating in any way to the Site, Site-related services and/or content, or information contained within the Site. Your sole remedy for dissatisfaction with the Site and/or Site-related services is to stop using the Site and/or those services.
Release and Waiver of Rights
You release LeagueApps and expressly waive any and all claims against LeagueApps that may arise from your use of the Site and/or the Service. Specifically, without limitation, by providing information and/or uploading content within the Services and/or Product, you release LeagueApps and expressly waive all claims against LeagueApps arising from or relating to any intellectual property or other proprietary rights, rights of privacy and publicity, rights of attribution, moral rights, or any other rights under any applicable laws that may arise from your use of the Site and/or the Services.
Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on LeagueApps's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. LeagueApps does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site or any Member Web Site are accurate, complete, or current. LeagueApps may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice.
This Terms of Service and any transactions on this Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware applicable to agreements made and entirely to be performed within the State of Delaware, without resort to its conflict of law provisions. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these terms and conditions shall be filed only in state or federal court located in Delaware and you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts over any suit, action or proceeding arising out of this Terms of Service.
Please report any violations of this Agreement directly to LeagueApps.
Member acknowledges that member has read this agreement and agrees to all its terms and conditions. Member has independently evaluated all aspects of this Agreement and has entered into this Agreement without relying on any representation, guarantee or statement other than those expressly set forth in this agreement.
Updated: October 15, 2015